We are looking for a thorough Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of the premises. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as, HVAC installations, including mechanical electrical systems etc.
A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines.
The goal is to maintain and repair the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- mechanical engineer degree or college degree; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
Frequently asked questions
What does a Maintenance Technician do?
A Maintenance Technician routinely performs maintenance procedures; they also help troubleshoot and quickly repair any mechanical or electrical problems should they arise within their departments and support outside equipment.
A Maintenance Technician inspects buildings, equipment, and systems for any issues. They schedule repairs for faulty equipment or damaged structures. They also perform general maintenance of the facility and grounds. In addition, they perform periodic quality checks on all equipment and systems to ensure they are up to standards.
A good Maintenance Technician will have excellent time management and problem-solving skills, great attention to detail, and be proactive. To work with other colleagues, a good Maintenance Technician must also be comfortable in a team environment and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Depending on the size of the building or company, a Maintenance Technician can work on their own and report to a Building Supervisor, Facilities Coordinator, or with a team of other Maintenance Technicians.