As a Mechanical Field Service Engineer you are responsible for the installation, supervision, service and troubleshooting on machines.
- To provide mechanical service expertise. You are responsible for supporting our customers in installing equipment. Therefore, it is important to have insight into machines, practices and processes. You will assemble and adjust the machines according to the technical documents or drawings provided. You are the expert and it is your responsibility to make sure that customer expectations are met and exceeded. After each visit you will make a report and submit it to the customer (through Field Service Manager). Also make clear what you've experienced on site.
- To be ambassador at all times. You have the ability to engender trust and respect, and be appreciated by customers and staff.
- To communicate well with colleagues, our suppliers and customers. During your work it is important to cooperate with engineers from heavy industries for achieving the necessary result.
- To share the technical skill and know-how with colleagues and customer. Provide training to operators and technicians who will operate our machines. It is important to communicate well with colleagues and customers. Coordinating activities with the Field Service Manager.
- Provide service and maintenance to equipment. You will support customers with their operations, maintenance and troubleshooting on the machines supplied. You will have to submit a “call report” after every visit to the customer (through Field Service Manager). You will coordinate these activities with the Field Service Manager. Occasionally you will have to support our customers by email or phone call.
- Be able to write detailed reports on the work carried out, make up parts lists and give advice to the customers on parts replacement needs and parts needed to be kept at site in case of trouble.
- Strong written and oral communication in English and/or other language (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Ability to learn and understand both the machines and customers requirement
- Able to be solution-oriented
- Relationship builder
- Organizational skills (methodical and disciplined)
- Good reporting skills
- Representative, customer friendly flexible attitude
- Good team worker, able to marshal support, particularly with technical support team, but confident working independently with a great deal of autonomy.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and location and to be away from home for substantial periods, including weekends
- Must have high personal standards e.g. appearance, timekeeping etc.
- Extremely enthusiastic and respectful of customer practices.
Education / qualification
- Technic Education (diploma required)
- Basic capability to understand and achieve the assembling and disassembling to work by using the correct tool according to the mechanical drawing described on standard code.
- The candidate must be able to work from mechanical assembly drawings, have knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
- International driver license is required
- Employee has between 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar job within the industry
- Employee has experience with international orientated companies
- Numerate and literate good with computer literacy (MS Office)